Sunday, November 15, 2009

Irish Dance Solo Dress Progress: First Skirt Panel

Yeah! I'm done drawing and cutting and I'm finally starting to sew. Here is my first finished panel:

I think I'm going to have to rename this the "Water" dress (instead of "Peacock"). What was originally supposed to look like a stylized Peacock Feather now looks more like a a drop of water with flowing tail.

You can see from this picture that the fabrics I was missing and intended to buy were not in store. Instead of light blue glitterdot, I got light blue stretchy fabric with glitter drops in blue and teal (it was the only light blue glittery anything I found) and for the royal blue, I found glitterdot instead of lamé. Looks good anyways.

Now the pieces are a little crooked, which pisses me off. I really should have used double-sided quilting fusing instead of pins, but what is done is done. I'll try to fix the bottom blue pieces by adding some silver satin stitching to equalize them and hopefully, once everything is done, it won't be as noticeable.

Well I'd love to stay and chat, but I have eight more of these panels to quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment