Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Museum Exhibition: Golden Age of Couture - Paris and London, 1947-1957

My, oh my! More interesting costume and fashion exhibitions in nearby museums. This winter, the Musée National des Beaux-Arts du Québec presents Golden Age of Couture - Paris and London, 1947-1957, from February 4 to April 25, 2010, organized by the Victoria and Albert Museum (London, England). This means splendid gowns, shoes and accessories from a number of designers including Dior, Balenciaga, Fath and Worth, to name only those, and all for our viewing pleasure. Now that is eye candy!


Me thinks I might have found the look for my future wedding gown!


This is what one might call an exotic bird dress!

I. Love. Shoes! I have a similar pair in silver, though they are not from the 50's.


Worth is always worth it! Oh I crack myself up.

I guess this means I'll need to day trip to Québec city sometime next winter!

Note: The pictures shown in this post are borrowed from the Golden Age of Couture - Paris and London, 1947-1957 for illustration purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment