Saturday, November 28, 2009

Costuming Research Resources: The Wardrobe Door

In the last month or so, I have mostly shown you my own costumes and the projects I was working on. So today, I have decided it was more than time for another Costuming Research Resource; today, I have chosen present The Wardrobe Door.

Skandar Keynes as Edmund Pevensie, William Moseley as Peter Pevensie, Anna Popplewell as Susan Pevensie and Georgie Henley as Lucy Pevensie, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)

Have you ever seen The Chronicles of Narnia movies? They are The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005) and Prince Caspian (2008) (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is due to come out in 2010, so more to come on that one).

The Wardrobe Door is the Website to visit if you are looking to make a costume from the movies. They have a ton of well organized reference pictures as well as some fan made reproduction pictures. There are also comments about fabric, cut, embroidery, lacing, you name it. And of course, there is a forum to discuss the costumes with other fans and costumers.

So for instance, if I wanted to make Susan's Green Archery Dress from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (which I do want to make eventually), I could find beautiful pictures such as the following:

Georgie Henley as Lucy Pevensie and Anna Popplewell as Susan Pevensie, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)

If you are interested in making a costume from any of The Chronicles of Narnia movies, your first research stop should be The Wardrobe Door.

No comments:

Post a Comment