Friday, January 15, 2010

The £1 Million Dress

I saw this in the news recently: "Lottery heiress Hannah Cooper has made a dress that looks a million dollars — because it's made of a million pounds". In truth, it is made of fabric. The fashion design student asked the Bank of England permission to print £20 bank notes on to silver silk.

£1 Million Dress by Hannah Cooper; Modelled by Miss Cardiff Summer Ghanavati

Actually, when I first heard about it, it was on Yahoo and the article said the girl had been given one million pounds by her dad and she had chosen to stitch the bank notes on a dress. Comments said it was either a hoax or a very selfish thing to do. Geesh! Talk about researching your story! Even this humble blogger can do a better job!

But back to topic: it does make for an original dress. Not something I would wear everyday, but still, it's an interesting design. I also love the idea of printing your own pattern on silk: that is not something I have learned in Fashion School, but I would love to know how to do it.

Good luck to Hannah Cooper in her Fashion career!

No comments:

Post a Comment