Friday, December 18, 2009

The Nutcracker: a Fairytale Ballet

I've been seeing the following commercial on tele lately, and every time, I sigh.

So I have come to an important decision: as soon as my daughter is old enough, I am taking her every year to see Les Grand Ballets Canadiens' production of The Nutcracker.

I have seen it three times already (once when I was a little girl, and the two years in a row about six or seven years ago) and I never tire of seeing it. Imagine: the costumes you see on the video have not changed in 20 years from what I can remember a least). I've always loved Clara's teal blue dress (as seen around 1:15 minutes), and of course, there are the beautiful fairies' tutus.

King of Candyland, Callye Robinson as Sugar Plum Fairy and Cotton-Candy Angels, The Nutcracker by Les Grand Ballets Canadiens; Photo by John Hall.

Now I wish I could add Ballet to my dancing repertoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment