Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday Weekly Wishlist: Queen Amidala's Senate Costume

I'm going to pull a fast one on you: today, according to what I said last Friday, I should be reminiscing about the Fêtes de la Nouvelle-France since they start today, and I should talk about Anticipation tomorow, as that is when it begins. But I have never been to WorldCon, so there will be nothing to reminisce about tomorrow, and I always go to the Fêtes de la Nouvelle-France on the Saturday, so I'm not missing anything right now. So what I'll do is use Wednesday Weekly Wishlist to tell you what I would wish to make / wear to an event such as WorldCon.

One of my dreams is to recreate Queen Amidala's Senate Costume, that is, the costume worn by Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) when she goes in front of the Senate to ask them to lift the blockade on her planet.

All the research and pictures one might need for such a costume can be found on Maggie's wonderful website, The Padawan's Guide (to Star Wars Costumes).

All that's left for me to decide is do I get brown wigs for the head piece or do I make a "Beach-Blond" version of the costume. I haven't made up my mind yet.

(Thinking out loud: "Maybe I could make the whole outfit it in watery colours and make the head piece blond, that would be truly original. Hmmm..")

No comments:

Post a Comment