Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Châteauguay St. Patrick's Parade

This is the last of the Irish Dancing posts, I promise... Well, at least until Montreal Feis (it's on May 22nd, so you get, oh, about a two months break).

Sunday was the Châteauguay St. Patrick's Parade. I was cold, but it did not rain. It snowed. Due to the weather, I went with my Teal Velvet dress, meaning I wore all of my three Irish Dance Solo Dresses in the course of one week.

Dancers from the Young Academy of Irish Dance - Châteauguay St. Patrick's Parade 2010

At least the parents of the younger dancers, who carried our banner, got to keep their coats on.

Parents of Dancers from the Young Academy of Irish Dance - Châteauguay St. Patrick's Parade 2010

Of course, we are dancers, which means we actually have to dance the whole time.

Dancers from the Young Academy of Irish Dance - Châteauguay St. Patrick's Parade 2010

Everyone was a trooper, including my daughter and my dance teacher's mom, who pushed the stroller the whole way (I had no babysitter that day).

Gwenyver's Daughter and Mrs. Young - Châteauguay St. Patrick's Parade 2010

She looks so cute in that pink snowsuit of hers! (Let's hope it still fits next year, at the rate she is growing!)

Okay, I mean it, this is the last of the St. Patrick's Day posts. We will now return to our regular subject*, costumes.

*Well, you know, whenever I have a dance event, I have to wear a costume, so technically, it applies - which is why I tell you about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment