Monday, January 25, 2010

Movie Monday: Lucky Luke

This one is for the boys too.

As I once mentioned when talking about Astérix, I grew up with the French/Belgian
Dupuis Bandes Dessinées and seeing their animated adaptations on Tele. Amongst these was Lucky Luke, the cowboy known to shoot faster than his shadow. He wasn't my favourite (I was never a huge Cowboy vs. Indian or Far West stories), but he is still a part of my childhood.

And now, Lucky has come to a theatre near me, portrayed by everyone's favourite spy and surfer,
Jean Dujardin (who is know for his roles of Brice de Nice and Hubert Bonisseur de La Bath a.k.a. OSS 117). The came out in France on October 21st, but it will only make its debut here this Friday.

Let's take a moment to look at Lucky Luke's costume: he wears a yellow shirt, blue jeans, a black leather vest, a red scarf around his neck, a brown leather belt with a holster for his gun, a white cowboy hat and cowboy boots with spurs.

Lucky Luke (2009)

Don't worry girls, we also have some options. We could either cosplay as Calamity Jane...

Sylvie Testud as Calamity Jane, Lucky Luke (2009)

Her costume is basically much worn, dusty, beige, leather hat, fringed jacket and pant. Calamity travels the desert a lot.

The other option, for girls who, like me, like to dress in pretty dresses, there is Belle, the saloon dancer.

Alexandra Lamy as Belle, Lucky Luke (2009)

I see a corset, beading and a feather hair piece. Definitely my choice!

But if you would like to be a little more covered, she also wears a cute pink bustle gown with long sleeve jacket.

The costumes for this movie were designed by Olivier Bériot.

Note: following a discussion with Nancy-Raven, I will from now on make sure I mention who created the costumes for the movie presented on Movie Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment