Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday Weekly Wishlist: Whoville's Twin Miss Candy Cane

I don't know about you, but I have started to watch all of my favorite Christmas movies, including Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000). I remember seeing that movie at the Laval Colossus with my family. I loved all of this Whoworld created just for the movie. It really made the magick of it all com to life for me.

But right away, there was one costume that caught my eye: the two pink candy cane girls.

How original! How girly! I like it; I want it! They look so cute and happy. That is the type of costume I could see myself making and wearing for a play or a parade.

I do wonder how the head piece is made though. It is probably some king of under wire, because if it was just stuffed with bating, it would be much too heavy and difficult to maneuver.

Of course, this is not a costume I will make anytime soon. I have no occasion to wear it, but most importantly, I have a personal rule about certain body curves and spandex (which in my book should apply to all curvy people, but I can only act upon myself). But know that this costume has been on my wishlist for a decade (and I have been waiting since summer to tell you about it).

4 comments:

  1. Can you buy these costumes anywhere? I'm really interested in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also interested in acquiring one of these costume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in too! Where can we order?

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FWomens-Pink-Candy-Cane-Costume%2Fdp%2FB0845V3PKZ&psig=AOvVaw3ttTRqJFKhq_ffLHbief5T&ust=1608909371792000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAMQjB1qFwoTCMjy68705u0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAI here

    ReplyDelete