Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday Weekly Wishlist: Necile

From the time they start airing all of the Christmas specials and cartoons on TV, I watch as many as I can. One I discovered a few years back is The Life & Adventures of Santa Claus (2000), based on a 1902 children's book by L. Frank Baum, author of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

I loved the presence of all of the mythological looking characters. Of course, right away I had my favorite: Necile. In the cartoon (I haven't read the book, but I think it's the same in there too), she is the Nymph who raises Nicholas.

Her outfit is simple, but I would like to make it one day. I consists of a blue dress with light blue yoke and sleeves, two-toned golden green wings and a flower headdress made of five teal and lilac petals. And as she is a nymph, I would have to get myself a pair of pointy ears.

That's it for today. I have a bodice to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment