She has grown so much, I can barely believe it. This costume was purposefully made baggy last year so it might get two years of use, but no; when I tried it on her wearing nothing but a t-shirt and diaper, I had to work like crazy to get it over her shoulders and it pulls quite a lot in the crotch area. Since the torso part is too short, there is nothing I can do to give it a couple of extra inches. Plus, at the rate she is growing (Mommy, my legs hurt!) I don't know that it will still be acceptable in three weeks time (The above picture was taken on Monday - Halloween minus 3 weeks). So...
I guess I need to make her a new costume. Sad, I know. Luckily enough, I was planning on making her a flower costume for Montreal ComicCon to go with my Buffy dress.
Of course we were sick the weeks prior so I had no time to work on the costumes (it always seems to happen this way), plus I was let go two days before, so we did not end up going to the event, but I have all the material. And because I'm lazy and I did not feel like drawing my own petal hat pattern from scratch, I bought this pattern on sale for 2.99$. Seriously, at that price, why bother; I can always modify it on the fabric.
Since I was originally planning to make this costume for an indoor event, I have some green leggings and a somewhat matching long sleeved tee which she can wear for Nancy-Raven's Annual Halloween Bash.
For Trick or Treating, I'll make her a green polar fleece one piece PJ, based on the above pattern, which she can wear for the rest of the winter as sleepwear. Now that is being practical and cost effective!Green Polar Fleece - 8.99$ for 1.5 metres or 1 PJ size 4
For the petals and hat, I have bright yellow Poly/Cotton to match the child's flower costume int the Buffy episode shown above.Bright Yellow Poly/Cotton
To once again match the costume from Buffy, I will add a green Tutu with yellow petals.Green Net for Tutu
I will also add bright pink accents to this costume, but that fabric will come from my stash and I have not yet gone hunting for it.
More on this project soon. First order of business, washing the fabrics (except for the net).