Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm a costumeholic...

Cos•tume: 1. the prevailing fashion in coiffure, jewelry, and apparel of a period, country or class; 2. an outfit worn to create the appearance characteristic of a particular period, person, place or thing *Halloween costumes*; 3. a person's ensemble of outer garments; especially: a woman's ensemble of dress with coat or jacket.

- aholic or oholic: 1. one who feels compulsively the need to (do something) *workaholic*; 2. one who likes (something) to excess *chocoholic*.

(according to Merriam-Webster)

You've heard of shopaholics, chocoholics, all these new fancy terms inspired from the not so fancy alcoholic. So what is a costumeholic? Easy! Someone who is always thinking of costumes, who is always reasearching them, who spends more times wondering how to reproduce a dress while watching a movie than actually listening to the dialog, who will plan vacations and activity around what costume he/she can wear, or simply put, someone like me!

Costumes are my passion. I like to see them, make them and wear them. I often say that it is the magick word to use with me (if you're trying to get my attention anyway). Costumes are Historical, Fantastical, Futuristic. They are Funky Street Wear and Red Carpet Gowns. They can be found on the Runway or Walking down the aisle.

What else is a girl to do with such an addiction but share it with the world by writing a Blog about it!

So here goes: "Hi, my name is Gwenyver, and I'm a Costumeholic..."

No comments:

Post a Comment