Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday Weekly Wishlist: Astérix Characters

The suspense is now over. I will now present the project I hope to do for Montréal Comic-Con (if I can afford time and material).

Growing up, the comic strips I read were the French Bandes Dessinées, and of course, one of the most important is Astérix. My idea for Montréal Comic-Con would there fore be to go as Bonemine, the chief's wife.


I've already got the curves and the blond hair for the braids. It would be a fairly easy costume to make. I'll I'd need is a light pink sleeveless top with a peplum, a dark pink trumpet skirt and the rolling pin from the kitchen.


If I do decide to make this costume, my Sweetheart said he would accompany me as chief Abraracourcix, Bonemine's husband. That costume would require a little more work. The green shirt is easy enough to make and so is the red cape, but I probably would have to make my own black and blue striped fabric for the braies (cutting strips of fabric and assembling them together), and I'm not sure how to make the belt closure. The helmet and shield he would have to make himself, and we would also need to buy him a red wig and mustache.


A friend of mine (she wants this to be a surprise, so I won't name her) said that if we did these costumes, she would go as Madame Agecanonix, the village elder's trophy wife. I would love that. I know we would have a lot of fun together.

Statuette of Bonemine et Madame Agecanonix by Leblon Delienne

Oh yeah, I can see the scene from here!

So let's cross our fingers and hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment